TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas

Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas

Dana (
Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:41:21 -0900

Koos van den Hout wrote:

> enrico <> wrote:

>> What is the average (or range) value for GSM cell (i.e. base station,
>> antenna, ..) density in metropolitan areas? (e.g. in cities like
>> London, Paris, Rome.)

>> Is there any publicly available information about the topic?

>> Please note that I am *not* asking for actual base station location,
>> as I know that information is protected,

> Ow? I can imagine that the cell phone company doesn't want to give a
> map if I ask nicely, but with some simple AT commands I can make my
> phone show the current cell number and alert me when it changes. Add a
> gps unit, some logging software and I can map their cell numbers. I've
> been playing with this, see

> In my country (the Netherlands) I can find the actual location by
> checking the register of antenna licenses.

In America the same info is available via the FCC.

> Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
> or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?)
> Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\
> at campsites _\_V

Go to Next message: "Trying to Collect on Derek South Judgment"
Go to Previous message: Dana: "Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas"
May be in reply to: enrico: "GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page