TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Suggestions Wanted for Router

Suggestions Wanted for Router

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:11:00 GMT

I need to get another router for my home Cisco lab and I was hoping
that someone could suggest which would be a best choice.

I'd prefer it be rack mountable (one rack unit high). It needs to
have at least one (preferably two) fast ethernet ports. It must
support trunking (both dot1q and isl) so that it can be interfaced to
a switch.

Cost is a factor (since it's for home Cisco lab use). If knew what
was a best choice, I could possibly track one down on Ebay.

I currently have three 2501s. Each has a transceiver, but those won't
support trunking for my lab assignments. I'll likely sell one of them
when I get this one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Fred

Go to Next message: Internet Society: "Internet Society Launches Epanded Individual Membership Program"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "Time Warner Inc.'s Phone Service Shows Cable's Growing Clout"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Suggestions Wanted for Router"
May be reply: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Suggestions Wanted for Router"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page