TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset

Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:03:28 -0800

Gary Breuckman wrote:

>> I am looking at taking on an additional product line that has its own
>> toll-free number. What I would like to do for now is to add an
>> additional Sprint PCS handset to my account and point that existing
>> toll-free number to it.

888-480-4638 used to forward to my Verizon cell phone. Now it forwards
to my Sprint cell phone. The cell carriers will terminate the call --
they don't care where it's coming from.

> There is at least one cell carrier (US Cellular?) that's been
> advertising free incoming calls.

> I'm not sure why you want your toll-free number to come to a cell
> phone, but this might be a reason to consider them if you expect a lot
> of calls.

Eventually I'm going to switch the tollfree over to a VoIP line, but
right now the cell is working just fine. I need to be accessible and
am not near a landline very often.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset"
May be in reply to: Eric Friedebach: "Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page