TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Stop Junk Faxes!

Re: Last Laugh! Stop Junk Faxes!

LB@notmine.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:33:04 -0500

wal wrote:

> Are you fed up with companies sending you junk faxes? Here are simple
> ways to fight back:

> 1- Never ever call that toll free number that they put for you to be
> removed from their fax. If you call that number you are confirming
> that your fax number is good, and you will get more fax. They might
> remove you from one list, and put you on 10 other lists!.

> 2- Call the company that the fax is listing for you to call them
> (usually their toll free number) to inquire about whatever they want
> to sell you or make you sign up for services, and tell them the
> following:

> you: Hi ...

> them: Hi ...

> you: Got your fax ...

> them: Are you interested in Blah Blah Blah ...

> you: No ...

> them: Why you calling us?

> you: Because I got your fax and I don't want amy ore faxes.

> them: Give me your fax number and I'll remove you from the list.

> you:No thanks, if I gave u my fax number, I will recieve more faxes.

> them: so why you calling us.

> you: Because I got your fax, and don't want more faxes.

> They will hang up.

> Repeat the above to the same number at least 10 times for each fax you
> recieve!

> Trust me this method will send them a signal that what they are doing
> is wrong, and that it is time for them to stop faxing people that do
> not care to recieve their faxes.

> Let me know how it works for you.

and/or "You already have my number. Could please fax the info in
BRAILLE?"

LB

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Audioblog.com lets bloggers include sound, video files"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Last Laugh! Stop Junk Faxes!"
May be in reply to: wal: "Last Laugh! Stop Junk Faxes!"