TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?

Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?

timeOday (timeOday-UNSPAM@theknack.net)
Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:37:15 -0700

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to John Levine:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I personally use Vonage, which works
>> with any telephone you wish to plug in and use. I am hearing rumors
>> that their customer service is slipping a little; that may be due to
>> the *huge* increase in their customer base in recent months. PAT]

> It's no rumor -- I'm about to cancel my Vonage account as soon as the
> number is ported away which is supposed to happen on Wednesday. It
> used to be fine but in recent months the voice quality became terrible
> and I was completely unable to contact any live people at Vonage at
> all. Multiple e-mails went unanswered other than the auto-ack, and
> every time I tried to call them, once I went through the menu to the
> point where I would queue for a person, I always got a busy signal.

> Too bad, they used to be good. I'm now using Lingo, the voice quality
> is OK and the local calling area is much larger.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Interesting you mention how you work
> your way through the menu up to the point the next voice will be a
> human being, then it goes to busy sigal. Same thing has happened to me
> a lot recently; high noon, midnight, even five in the morning. PAT]

Same here. Nobody's home. At least, I've never gotten through to
anybody at Vonage. I'm also getting a lot of calls dropped right as the
other person answers.

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Re: Need Recommendations for Economy "Pay as You Go" Cell Phones"
Go to Previous message: ranck@vt.edu: "Re: Need Recommendations For Economy "Pay as You Go" Cell Phones"
May be in reply to: Anna: "Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?"