TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Need Recommendations For Economy "Pay as You Go" Cell Phones

Re: Need Recommendations For Economy "Pay as You Go" Cell Phones

ranck@vt.edu
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:46:04 UTC

kimshapiro100@yahoo.com wrote:

> Need recommendations for economy "pay as you go" cell phones.
> My child is probably going to use between 5 and 30 minutes a month.

I have a TracFone which would seem to fill that need pretty nicely.
You can go to their web page, buy a refurbished phone for $30 and they
give you 2 months activation and 110 or 120 minutes with it. At least
that was the deal last July when I got mine for a motorcycle trip.
The 2 month activation was actually good until November. You can buy
cards to add months and minutes at just about any convenience store or
WalMart or other store. I later bought a 1 year activation that
included 300 or 450 minutes (I forget exactly) which I have not used
up yet, and seems like it would fill the needs you state. The cost at
this rate is less than $10 per month. It may not be the best deal
going, but there is no contract and minutes don't expire as long as
the phone stays activated.

web site: www.tracfone.com

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Go to Next message: timeOday: "Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Old Party-Line Arrangements"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page