TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Update interval for E911 Records

Update interval for E911 Records

william_warren_notme@comcast.net
Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:00:45 -0500

Pat,

I have a customer who's using Vonage as his primary business line.

The problem is that he moves it with him from job to job, many of them
in buildings with no phone service that he's in charge of remodeling,
and he's got a medical condition that might cause his coworkers to
dial 911.

He tells me that there's no problem with 911 calls because Vonage has
a screen he uses to update his address.

The question: how long do E911 updates take to propagate once submitted
by Vonage? IIRC, it's at least a day, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

William

(Remove "notme" from address for direct replies.)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I was told it is more or less a few
times daily, but my problem would be your first paragraph: 'many of
them buildings with no phone service in them.' If that is the case,
then *how* does he get the internet connection needed to use his VOIP
line? Do you mean the buildings have no phone service but somehow *do*
have cable installed for his VOIP line? Without cable modems or DSL
lines, how is he going to use the VOIP? I am sure the person must
have a cell phone; my suggestion would be to use in case of an
emergency. Forward his VOIP line to his cell phone. PAT]

Go to Next message: dexter3: "Phone Service Codes, AIM Messaging, etc."
Go to Previous message: Pete L: "Motorola v550 - Picture Downloading??"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Update interval for E911 Records"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page