TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Comcast Exceeds One Million HDTV-Capable Set-Top Boxes

Re: Comcast Exceeds One Million HDTV-Capable Set-Top Boxes

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:24:22 -0500

Unfortunately, Comcast is leaving out the fact that in many areas,
people are getting HDTV-ready set top boxes even if they intend to
plug it into an NTSC TV. The boxes are capable of translating the
signal to something more suitable for a standard definition TV, IF you
happen to order the HD package. Ad if you dont order the package, you
simply don't get those channels, and the box works as a standard
digital cable receiver.

Bottom line: swapping out your old cable boxes with HDTV ready tuners
doesn't mean everyone is watching in HD.

Monty Solomon wrote:

> Comcast Exceeds One Million HDTV-Capable Set-Top Boxes; Demand
> for HDTV Service Propelled by Super Bowl

> - Feb 2, 2005 11:34 AM (PR Newswire) PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/
> -- As Super Bowl frenzy reaches a fever pitch, Comcast Corporation
> (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), announced it has now deployed more than one
> million high-definition television (HDTV)-capable Digital Cable
> set-top boxes in customers' homes, adding more than 800,000 of them in
> 2004 alone. In addition, Comcast has experienced a 143% increase in
> the number of customers connecting HDTV sets to Comcast's HD service
> during January 2005 versus January 2004.

> - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=46612126

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: AT&T Hangs Up - and Few Are Sorry to Say Goodbye"
Go to Previous message: BobT: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates)"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Comcast Exceeds One Million HDTV-Capable Set-Top Boxes"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page