TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: PRI Splitting?

Re: PRI Splitting?

Terry Dalton (terence_daltonNOSPAM@hotmail.com)
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:25:39 GMT

Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org> wrote in

> An Adtran Atlas will do exactly what you want. Buying them new though
> will be a tad higher than $1,000, but used eBay prices should get you
> close enough to your price point. These are modular, and since you
> need 3 T1s total, and the base unit only comes with two T1 ports,
> you'll need another Quad T1/PRI card inserted.

> The bigest problem is that you do have to take the one D channel in,
> and generate the 23B+D channels out over two seperate T1s out to each
> PBX. And then you'll need to do some basic call routing for which
> calls coming in go to one PBX vs. the other. I assume you'll want to
> do that based on called-party ID numbers, although you can do it based
> on either calling-party or called-party ID in the Atlas.

> A PRI can't really be seperated into just a couple channels here or
> there like a T1 can be, so I don't know if you need to limit # of
> calls accepted or not. Not sure if you even could with PRIs without
> your PBX smart enough to send call-rejects back if # of channels used
> 2 or some such logic.

> I've used these devices for a very simular situation, and it worked
> flawlessly.

This sounds like a perfect solution thanks for your help!

TD

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Safeway Shopper Card Leads to Arson Arrest"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates and"
May be in reply to: Terry Dalton: "PRI Splitting?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page