TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:00:40 -0800

On 25 Jan 2005 17:29:40 -0800, kansaskon <kansasconn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> America has the worst mobile telephone calling rates and plans in the
> world. For example nowhere in the world do you pay or are deducted
> minutes for recieving calls its just unheard of.

People are always whining that "they don't do it the way we do it at
home" so it must be wrong.

Those Europeans and Asians who complain about the system in North
America that the mobile customer pays for the call also don't seem to
understand that their "free" call that they receive is not free at all
and in fact is being paid by the person who is calling them and at
rates that are often up to ten times the rate of a local call ... even
more than to make an international call!

If you don't like the way our system works then just don't use it!
North America and Europe are different. You can whine about it all
you like but the fact is that we are in most likelihood never going to
have caller pays in North America. It was tried a few years ago and
it was a resounding flop.

Europeans never mention that a lot of our calling plans give free
calling on nights and weekends either.

Go to Next message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Vonage at Bestbuy?"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
May be in reply to: kansaskon: "America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"