TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
26 Jan 2005 20:19:36 -0000

> America has the worst mobile telephone calling rates and plans in the
> world. For example nowhere in the world do you pay or are deducted
> minutes for recieving calls its just unheard of.

America has the best mobile telephone calling rates and plans in the
world, except maybe for Canada.

For example, for $30/mo I get a package that includes more calls than
I ever make, both incoming and outgoing, and I can call anywhere in
the country at no charge. Even better, when people call me, they
don't get ripped off for 25 or 30 cents a minute like I do when I call
people's mobile phones in Europe. If I want to switch between mobile
and landline service, I can take my number with me so my friends don't
even have to know what kind of phone I have.

Yours in trollfulness,

John

Go to Next message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
Go to Previous message: Alan Burkitt-Gray: "Where Did All the Money Go?"
May be in reply to: kansaskon: "America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"