TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Radar Detectors

Re: Radar Detectors

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:58:16 GMT

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:12:51 -0500, Tony P. wrote:

> In article <telecom24.29.4@telecom-digest.org>, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
> says:

> If they were really concerned with
> safety they'd come up with a little device that cuts the car motors
> and slams on the brakes if someone looks like they're going to blow
> through an intersection at a red light. I actually favor a more
> draconian solution -- an 18" thick steel wall that quickly shoots up
> out of the ground to stop traffic. If you're going too fast you'll
> just splat against it.

Automated deployment of tire slashers, similar to those at car rental
lots, might do the trick. The relays controlling the system would be
judge, jury, and hangman in one spectacular rip. Mind you, the
authority setting this up my bear some responsibility for the
resultant carnage when out of control rippees spun into other traffic
at high speed.

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"
Go to Previous message: William Warren: "Re: MF tones -- What, if Anything, Are They Still Used For?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page