TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Customer Cares DOESN'T really care

Re: Vonage Customer Cares DOESN'T really care

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:18:27 -0700

In message <telecom24.25.11@telecom-digest.org> Matt
<spammers@are.bad.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what your problem is. I've always been impressed by
> Vonage's tech support and customer service; they have always fixed my
> problem, and even sent me a new ATA when there was a "woosh" issue
> with mine.

When was the last time you contacted Vonage? -- I was VERY impressed
until recently. Specifically, when DST ended and one of my adapters
failed to update the clock. It took several weeks of waiting after
opening a ticket by email, dozens of phone calls (although I never
actually got through to anyone)

I eventually called sales, asked for a manager (denied), asked the
sales rep to have their manager pass the ticket number through to
technical support. About a week later somebody at Vonage left
voicemail that the problem should be resolved (and after rebooting the
ATA, it was resolved.)

> If your ATA dies within a year it should be covered; should be covered
> beyond that also since it is VONAGE's ATA and not yours. Did you
> purchase it? Didn't think so.

The current warranty is 30 days -- Going from memory, you do buy the
ATA, but Vonage charges a deactivation charge which is refundable if
you return the ATA.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Internet 'Phishing' Scams Getting More Devious"
Go to Previous message: Mark Roberts: "Re: Don't Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"
May be in reply to: Charles: "Vonage Customer Cares DOESN'T really care"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page