TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 800 Number or 10-10

Re: 800 Number or 10-10

Matt (spammers@are.bad.com)
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:11:55 -0500

No I'm talking for about for around 30,000 - 40,000 minutes a month;
our current phone company is charging us around 4.5-5cents a minute.

John R. Levine wrote:

>> Does anyone know of any reputable company or way that I can get a cheap
>> 800 number (like below 2cents/minute).

> Sure. Call up any long distance company, promise them 20,000 minutes
> of traffic a month, and tell them to terminate it on your T1.

> Oh, you mean like for 20 minutes a month? Forget it. 800 rates are
> the same as dial-1 rates, bottoming out around 3 cents.

>> Also ... how does one go about getting a 10-10 number like 10-10-987
>> for offering long distance services?

> NANPA assigns them, but first you have to set up a long distance
> carrier.

> Regards,

> John Levine johnl@iecc.com Primary Perpetrator of The Internet for Dummies
> Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
> "More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

Go to Next message: Alan Burkitt-Gray: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
Go to Previous message: abbygale: "Re: Radar Detectors"
May be in reply to: Matt: "800 Number or 10-10"