TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Jerry Springer - The Opera

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Rob (rob51166@yahoo.com)
13 Jan 2005 14:56:24 -0800

If it hasn't been shown on Broadway yet, then I doubt that it ever
will, going by the amount of controversy and criticism it's had over
here. If it's not THE most controversial production ever to be shown
in the West End and on the BBC then it's most certainly in the top 3.
Over 47 000 people phoned the BBC to complain and there were protests
outside Broadcasting House in London as well as outside the theatre
itself. One of the BBC's top executives even had to move out of his
house into a safe house because he was being threatened.

Jerry Springer shows are contentious, anyway, but the West End
production, which was broadcast on the BBC last Saturday night, went
way beyond all that.As is usual on the TV show itself, just about
every other word is a swear word, and 'Jerry', played by David Soul of
Starsky and Hutch fame was shown interviewing God, Jesus and Mary.
The show actually features somewhere in the region of 8 000
obscenities and swear words.

BTW, just noticed that it's likely to be coming over the pond in
October. You have been warned! ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4165009.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4159217.stm

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: They have Jerry Springer on television
here each day; I think it is on the Fox station out of Tulsa (on our
cable), at 1 PM each afternoon. It is, frankly, the most outrageous
show I have ever seen, with the 'guests' punching each other around
and cursing each other. PAT]

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Media Files that Spread Spyware"
Go to Previous message: hkelley@yahoo.com: "Palm Treo 650"
May be reply: Rob: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: David Quinton: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: John Hines: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: Rob: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: David Quinton: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be reply: Rob: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page