TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Executone PBX and a Problem

Executone PBX and a Problem

GOClimb (imcracklover@hotmail.com)
10 Jan 2005 08:15:09 -0800

Hi folks,

My company has an Executone PBX that was installed in the early 90s.
I'm responsible for maintenance and whatnot. Two questions to the
group:

1 - Anyone know who runs these now? As far as I know, Executone
doesn't do it anymore. For a while, I thought they'd been bought out
by Staples, but I'm not so sure now.

2 - Specific question. Just set up a new extension. It's well within
our range of allowed numbers by the phone company. Internally it rings
through correctly to the user's phone (and the v-mail works correctly,
etc). But when I dial the number through an outside line the call goes
directly through to the operator. Anyone have a clue why this might
happen? I checked on the VMS/Forwarding screen, and everything there
looks hunky-dory.

TIA

GO

Go to Next message: david_esan@hotmail.com: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
Go to Previous message: info: "India Telecom News/India Wireless News"
May be reply: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Executone PBX and a Problem"
May be reply: J.P. Wing: "Re: Executone PBX and a Problem"
May be reply: GOClimb: "Re: Executone PBX and a Problem"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page