TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
21 Dec 2004 12:21:09 -0800

Mark Crispin wrote:

>> You're really lucky that someone hasn't slugged you yet for your
>> obnoxious behavior.

> In case you weren't aware, assault is a felony, punishable with fines
> and jail time. I am also quite capable of self-defense from criminal
> attack.

Unfortunately, the reality of today's world is such that:

1) You might not be as capable as you think to defend yourself from an
assault. People have gotten shot over stuff like this.

2) In attempting to defend yourself, _you_ may be the one charged with
assault, not the other person. Not fair, but the way it is.

3) You could be charged with disorderly conduct. Again, not fair, but
the way it is.

4) You could get sued.

Go to Next message: SPARKY: "Re: Hanging Up On Wireless Spam"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page