TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

Mark Crispin (mrc@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:19:56 -0800

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Joseph wrote:

>> In case you weren't aware, assault is a felony, punishable with fines
>> and jail time. I am also quite capable of self-defense from criminal
>> attack.

> Well, if you are obnoxious enough they may not care and decide they
> don't want you messing with their personal conversations.

If they do and decide to resort to criminal attack, then I will press
charges (and, if necessary, physically defend myself). They will then
end up in a place where they won't be allowed to use a cell phone,
which will solve the problem of their obnoxious use of a cell phone on
public transportation.

Most people are intelligent enough to understand this progression.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Most people are also smart enough to
understand that, depending on the police officers who arrive to deal
with the situation, *they* may decide to take you in as well, and
lock you up. Often times, when there is a street brawl, the cops just
say 'let the judge work it out when they get to court' and lock you
both up in the meantime. What makes you think the cop will *necessarily*c
consider you to be the good guy and the other fellow the bad guy?
PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now"
Go to Previous message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Speaking of Giving up Landline For Cellphone"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page