TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular

Re: Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular

Earl F. Parrish (efparri@nowhere.world)
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 03:38:26 GMT

Marek Tomczyk <Marek.Tomczyk@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote in
message news:telecom23.544.4@telecom-digest.org:

> Hi,

> I'm posting this for a friend (Juergen). Find his contact address at
> the bottom of this post. Thanks.

> Marek

> ===========

> Hi Telecom Digest,

> This October I stayed three weeks in the bay area. I like it a lot,
> and this time I even had a GSM1900 (Nokia 6100) phone from my German
> provider T-Mobile with me.

> The phone worked fine, but I never ever used it to place phone
> calls home to Germany and I never ever answered any incoming call.

> Why? Quite simple, the charges for outgoing and esspecially inbound
> calls are outrageous. Just imagine to pay $1.70 for incoming calls
> per minute!!!

> So I have decided now to get an American mobile phone on my next
> trip to the USA.

> I like the offer of AT&T Wireless very much as it provides a long
> validity of one year for balances starting at $100. Domestic calling
> with the Free2Go service is very reasonable priced, but calling
> foreign countries is still expensive.

> So the idea is to use a calling card service for this matter. The
> AT&T documents say that prepaid calling card service is not possible
> with Free2Go. Besides this AT&T says in its terms that certain
> numbers can be blocked if "abuse" to the network happens.

> Is calling a local dial in number from a mobile phone in America, in
> particular from a free2Go phone, abusive usage of the network?

> Do you know if calling of local (regular) dial in number from
> American, in particular prepaid aka "pay as you go" services is
> possible?

> Can such providers block access to those numbers?

> Unfortunately I could not find definitive information about this
> issue on the web.

> Thanks,

> Juergen-Usenet@web.de

Click on this link for information about one of the Locus Mobile
affiliates which piggybacks on the TDMA network of the former AT&T
Wireless network:

http://www.ecallplus.com/

Pay special attention to the link for International Calls on the
page you reach.

Earl F. Parrish

Go to Next message: DFleming Ireland: "Vodafone Rim Blackberry 7100v"
Go to Previous message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now"
May be in reply to: Marek Tomczyk: "Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular"