TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?

Re: Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
18 Dec 2004 20:42:53 -0000

> A number of people 'think' they have a problem with their VoIP
> provider, BUT the problems only occur when talking to someone on a
> CELL phone.

In my case, I have observed lousy voice quality when picking up my
Vonage voice mail on the voice prompts which are, I presume, coming
directly from Vonage's servers. I haven't noticed cell phone voice
quality being much worse than it is elsewhere.

I do have one more clue: people tell me that even when I can barely
understand them, they can understand me fine, so the problem is on the
inbound side. I don't understand that at all, since my net connection
is equally fast in both directions (it's a T1) and I usually have more
outbound traffic from web servers than inbound.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Wireless in Cherryvale"
Go to Previous message: John David Galt: "Re: AFA (Flight Attendants) Opposes In-Flight Cell Phone Use"
May be in reply to: John R Levine: "Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?"