TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cross Battery and Verizon

Re: Cross Battery and Verizon

LB@notmine.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:13:45 -0500

Joe Perkowski wrote:

> Hey ppl,

> Does anyone know what is "cross battery"? We put in a NBX 2 months
> ago running fine. Now, we are getting static and crosstalk on some of
> our incoming lines.

> We have had a great deal of rain these past 2 weeks, and have had
> previously problems with Verizon due to old copper in our area.

> The Verizon guy is telling us "cross battery" is causing this?

> What is "cross battery" if anyone knows...?

> Thanks.

> Joe

He may be blowing smoke. The rain points to your problem -- poor
cable. The wires in the cable actually are rotated over distance. As
you can see all cable have a sag. If a poorly insulated wire inside
the cable is at the bottom of the bunch where the sag is low then
water can get in there. Unfortunately the fix is new cable or new way
of routing.

LB

Go to Next message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Kevin Mitnick Recalled"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: AT&T CallVantage Service -- Your Thoughts"
May be in reply to: Joe Perkowski: "Cross Battery and Verizon"