TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?

Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:26:40 -0500

In article <telecom23.595.5@telecom-digest.org>, Monty Solomon
<monty@roscom.com> wrote:

> A middle-level executive at Time Warner has approached several cable
> companies and broached the idea of restricting the ability of
> customers who use those company's Digital Video Recorders to record
> several popular Time Warner TV programs.

Sounds like another good reason to support standalone DVRs, like
ReplayTV and TiVo, rather than cableco-supplied DVR services.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Politics (Celling Your Soul)"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"