TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: How to Call from A to B to C? Please Help

How to Call from A to B to C? Please Help

M. Henri (marc_nospam@ldezign.com)
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:13:22 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently working on a venture possibility in my small town that
is an hour away from a major City.

Placing call to that major city(town A) is a long distance from my
town (town B). But a town in between (town C) is not a long distance
for both ends.

People would call from town A to town C and reach town B without any
additional charge besides the monthly charge from the services of my
own company.

That software would have to accept 2 set of entry from the clients
touch tone phone: first entry would be some unique client code and the
second entry would be the 10 digits phone number to town B.

From there the call would be made allowing a bridge to be made
between the two intended cities.

I was wondering if anyone knows what it would require technically to
achieve such thing. I don't even know how many incomming line would
be required for this project.

Hope anyone can help.

remove _nospam from the email address to reach me.

Marc

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I used to do this same thing back about
1973 or so. In central area of Chicago, I had lines with a recorded
message 24/7. A friend who lived in Joliet, IL (815) had an
unlimited, extended line which included all of 312 plus the Chicago
metro area of 815. I got him to put his line on permanent call
forwarding to my recorded message in exchange for another line I got
him for his own incoming calls. Consequently, the 'toll free' for
callers to my recorded message line picked up everyone that was
otherwise local to Joliet, Illinois. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "VOIP for Life?"
Go to Previous message: Tim Keating: "Re: For $999, a Lifetime of Internet Phone Calls"
May be reply: Carl Navarro: "Re: How to Call from A to B to C? Please Help"
May be reply: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: How to Call from A to B to C? Please Help"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page