TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: International Fax From Vonage VOIP?

Re: International Fax From Vonage VOIP?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:23:07 -0700

In message <telecom23.571.7@telecom-digest.org> Hemant Shah
<shah@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote:

> I am having problem sending fax to India from a Vonage Fax line. I can
> send fax to anywhere in U.S. and receive fax from U.S. and India. I
> have a Panasonic fax machine. If I use the auto dial on my fax machine
> it times out and goes into re-dial mode because it takes long time for
> Vonage to make the connection. I also tried to dial the number
> manually and wait for the other fax machine to pickup and press start
> button, but it does not make connection.

> Is there something I can do with Vonage setting or my fax machine setting
> so I can send fax to India through Vonage Fax line?

> This could be a deal killer for me. I want to get rid of SBC, but I
> also need to send fax to India.

Try adding *99 in front of the number you dial. Beyond that there
isn't much you can do. You can try an internet fax gateway though,
that might be cheaper and more reliable.

I read usenet for the articles.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In addition to *99 in front of the
number, add '#' as a terminator at the end to eliminate any time-outs
wich may be wasting a few seconds in the dialing process. PAT]

Go to Next message: David Epstein: "Re: VoIP News Shutting Down"
Go to Previous message: Paul A Lee: "Re: Can't Find Linksys IP"
May be in reply to: Hemant Shah: "International Fax From Vonage VOIP?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page