TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Fuses on Telephone Pole

Fuses on Telephone Pole

Ned Protter (invalid@nothing.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:46:46 -0500

On the utility pole across the street is a box, about 20 x 8 x 1.5".
A telephone cable goes in and phone lines for the houses in the
neighborhood come out.

Six years ago I lost my telephone service when lightning struck. The
phone man climbed to the box and replaced a fuse (or two).

Has anybody else heard of those fuses? What is the box called? Where
can I learn more?

Go to Next message: alex wright: "Call Bridge Program"
Go to Previous message: Tom Niesen: "Audix Later Delivery"
May be reply: Fred: "Re: Fuses on Telephone Pole"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page