TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Complete Communicator

Re: The Complete Communicator

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:22:49 +0000

A M Andrews <ama3@aol.com> wrote:

> Looking for an answering/fax package for Win98 that is as good as the
> proprietary Complete Communicator was [for Win3.1]. "Was" because it
> seems to have disappeared -- and required its own modem. Everything
> was excellent: voices, defaults, setup ... Tried downloads/trial
> versions of others and setup is dreadful/non-intuitive, or worse,
> freezes system; usual response from help is "modem problem". Looking
> for basic telephone answering management package!

"The Complete PC", the company that made "The Complete Communicator"
is long gone. Probably 10 years, now. Unfortunately. I've still got
some of their cards.

Note: if anybody has a "Complete PC" _fax_ scanner in working order,
I'd be interested -- mine died a few months ago.

There's a voice-mail / telephone answering package that comes bundled
with Toshiba laptops, that is quite good, and easy to use.

Go to Next message: John Schmerold: "Off-Shore Call Centers"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: The Complete Communicator"
May be in reply to: A M Andrews: "The Complete Communicator"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page