TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits

Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
18 Nov 2004 11:13:16 -0500

Mark Reichert <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote:

> DevilsPGD <devilspgd@crazyhat.net> wrote in message

>> Walmart is consistently the cheapest on those products, for example.

> What will you do when, no longer able to squeeze its employees or
> suppliers, it starts squeezing you by lowering the quality?

That's been going on for years now. And from what I can see, what
consumers mostly do is put up with it.

--scott

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Or many of us simply choose to do our
shopping 'downtown' whenever possible. I would never claim I have
never shopped at Walmart, but given a choice in the matter, I tend to
go downtown (which I would pass through otherwise [living east side
of Independence] before taking the cab all the way out to Walmart
[which is far west side of town].) But the hair salon I go to for my
haircuts is out in that area, about a block from the Walmart
complex; now and again I walk across Main Street over to Walmart to
look around; but not very often, and never for groceries. Sometimes a
couple dollars of little items if I need them bad enough. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
Go to Previous message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"