TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Satellite Receiver Calling Out Over VOIP?

Re: Satellite Receiver Calling Out Over VOIP?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:05:44 -0700

In message <telecom23.550.10@telecom-digest.org> Hemant Shah
<shah@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote:

> I am considering gettting VOIP service at home (probably Vonage), I
> also have 2 dish network receivers (one is a DVR) at home and they
> are connected to a land line. Dish network said that I have to have
> the receivers connected to the phone line, otherwise I have to pay
> extra per month per receiver (I think it is $5 per month per
> receiver).

> Will the satellite receiver be able to dial out over VOIP?

Probably yes, as long as you have Vonage configured to use it's
highest quality. Try adding *99 as a dialing string if your run into
problems.

I'm running BEV (Bell ExpressVu) here, which uses the same gear as Dish,
and my receivers all dial in without difficulty.

I know what "Cheese" is, and I know what "Whiz" is...

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Last Laugh! The Parrot"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
May be in reply to: Hemant Shah: "Satellite Receiver Calling Out Over VOIP?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page