TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Chechen Rebel Web Site Reopened

Re: Chechen Rebel Web Site Reopened

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:33:07 -0500

[As usual, please hide my email address.]

Henry wrote:

> Lisa Minter <> wrote:

>> HELSINKI (Reuters) - A Web site used by a Chechen warlord to claim
>> responsibility for September's school siege in Russia has reopened,
>> one month after it was closed by the Finnish company that hosted it.

>> Finnish news agency STT reported Saturday that the site,
>>, was now hosted on a Swedish server with a backup
>> in Finland

> Well, on Sunday at 1013 gmt I got

> "The specified server could not be found."

That's because either Lisa or Reuters made a typo. Having taken some
Russian in college, I was immediately suspicious of the link above, since
the Russian word for "Caucausus" transliterates to "Kavkaz", not "Kavkav"

And indeed, comes up fine in my browser.

Bob Goudreau
Cary, NC

[Lisa Minter responds: I am at a total loss at reading/translating
Russian. It would be easy to say Reuters made the error, but it might
have well been my mistake, and I apologize.]

Go to Next message: Paul A Lee: "Re: TV Movie: Category 6 - Day of Destruction"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Trial Shows How Spammers Operate (Lycos full version)"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Chechen Rebel Web Site Reopened"