TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular

Re: Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular

Wesrock@aol.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:58:24 EST

Marek Tomczyk <Marek.Tomczyk@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote about
Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular on
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:43:32 +0100:

> I'm posting this for a friend (Juergen). Find his contact address at
> the bottom of this post. Thanks.

> Marek
> ===========

[ ... ]

> So I have decided now to get an American mobile phone on my next
> trip to the USA.

> I like the offer of AT&T Wireless very much as it provides a long
> validity of one year for balances starting at $100. Domestic calling
> with the Free2Go service is very reasonable priced, but calling
> foreign countries is still expensive.

> So the idea is to use a calling card service for this matter. The
> AT&T documents say that prepaid calling card service is not
> possible with Free2Go. Besides this AT&T says in its terms that
> certain numbers can be blocked if "abuse" to the network happens.

> Is calling a local dial in number from a mobile phone in America, in
> particular from a free2Go phone, abusive usage of the network?

> Do you know if calling of local (regular) dial in number from American,
> in particular prepaid aka "pay as you go" services is possible?

> Can such providers block access to those numbers?

> Unfortunately I could not find definitive information about this issue
> on the web.

> Thanks,

> Juergen-Usenet@web.de

Dialing a local number from a cellular phone is probably the most
common usage of a wireless phone in the U.S.A. It's not at all clear
why is would even be thought to be abusive.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Bob Smythe: "Re: Movie Studios to Sue Internet File Traders"
Go to Previous message: Henry: "Re: Chechen Rebel Web Site Reopened"
May be in reply to: Marek Tomczyk: "Access of Calling Card Dial in Number From Prepaid Cellular"