TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lever Voting Machines - What's Wrong?

Re: Lever Voting Machines - What's Wrong?

John Hines (jbhines@newsguy.com)
Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:15:51 -0600

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In Chicago, many years ago we had those
> mechanical things, where one large lever closed and opened the curtains
> and you could not vote without that lever to close the curtains and
> the vote(s) was cast when the lever opened the curtains. There were a
> few 'medium size' levers inside on the panel (for 'straight ticket'
> voting) and many smaller levers for individual candidate voting.

Illinois got rid of the "straight ticket" option a decade or so ago.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You can't just go vote straight
Democratic any longer (which is what they always preferred to have you
do.) I learn something new daily it seems. PAT]

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Lever Voting Machines - What's Wrong?"
Go to Previous message: kansasman: "Re: Home Phones Face Uncertain Future"
May be in reply to: Lisa Hancock: "Lever Voting Machines - What's Wrong?"