TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:42:33 -0800

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:43:57 -0700, DevilsPGD <devilspgd@crazyhat.net>
wrote:

> Rick Merrill wrote:

>> IF these images were accessed it would give criminals access to an
>> image of the customer's signature. Said criminal could then use a
>> laser printer with 640 dpi resolution to print checks that would be
>> indistinguishable from the photo check after a 240 dpi Scan!?

> I'm curious, is there a requirement that the bank which accepted the
> cheque store it for any period of time?

I don't believe with the new check 21 law that they can destroy checks
as soon as they're processed. I believe however that they have to
store images of the processed checks. Whether your bank will also
give you copies of those images probably differs from bank to bank.

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Last Laugh! Our Weekend Auto Trip"
Go to Previous message: Joel: "Asterisk Recommended Hardware?"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"