TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is There a PBX Like This? Urgent!!!

Re: Is There a PBX Like This? Urgent!!!

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:40:52 -0400

Vish wrote:

> Hi folks,

> I have two incoming lines that need to be transferred to one of
> several remote numbers depending on extension or names directory (for
> a virtual office). Is there a SOHO PBX with the following specs?

> 1. Can be configured locally like a hub or switch is configured ie. by
> launching a browser. For my Belkin ethernet hub I enter 192.168.2.1 on
> my browser and it helps me configure my hub. Any PBX that can be
> configured similarly?

Not that I have ever seen. Not browser based. At least not a shoho system.

> 2. Can be configured remotely (via VPN) over the internet

That's a given. If it works from a browser it will work over VPN.

> 3. PBX should not need a dedicated PC ie. should work independent of a
> PC (except for inital configuration).

> Thanks in anticipation,

> Vish

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
Go to Previous message: Jeff nor Lisa: "Re: Yet Another Telco Tax proposed"
May be in reply to: Vish: "Is There a PBX Like This? Urgent!!!"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page