TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Inexepnsive Remote Forwarding by Auto Attendant

Re: Inexepnsive Remote Forwarding by Auto Attendant

Vish (visniranjan@hotmail.com)
28 Oct 2004 07:24:12 -0700

Thanks, Fred, for your reply. Do I have to have a PC to run Asterisk?
is there any other free standing device short of a PC running Linux
that I can use?

Thanks,

Vish

Fred <ennis@VixFone.com> wrote in message

> visniranjan@hotmail.com (Vish) wrote in news:telecom23.494.4@telecom-
> digest.org:

>> I want to buy an inexpensive auto attendant that will announce the
>> name of our company and based on callers need (1 for John, 2 for
>> Peter, 3 for David) transfer the call to a remote number (home, cell
>> etc.)

> It can easily be done by someone who knows how to set up an Asterisk
> switch -- so it could run on a pc unattended; it runs under Linux,
> which is pretty robust.

> The other option is to find a service that does what you need.

> Fred

> VixFone.com We specialize in wholesale VoIP to ISPs, auto-attendants,
> foreign exchange and switch services for business.

Go to Next message: kansasman: "Re: Home Phones Face Uncertain Future"
Go to Previous message: kansasman: "Re: VOIP and Telnet"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page