TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Re: K' v. 'W' Television Station Callsigns

Wesrock@aol.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:59:51 EDT

In a message dated Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:55:43 -0700, Linc Madison
<lincmad@suespammers.org> writes:

> I grew up in Dallas, Texas, with WRR-FM and WRR-AM (now KAAM-AM),
> WBAP-AM and WBAP-TV (now KXAS-TV), WFAA-AM and WFAA-TV, and, down in
> San Antonio, WOAI-AM and -TV.

Remember when stations had locally produced children's shows? My son
watched the "Waste Basket Animal Players" on WBAP-TV (note the initial
letters of the program's name).

Then we moved to Austin, where there was one TV station -- KTBC-TV, I
believe it was, licensed to The L.B.J. Company.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Who Carries TV Signals and Long Distance -- Today?"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: Verizon Taking Lessons From Hooterville Telephone Company"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page