TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cable Firms Raise Set-Top Box Rates

Re: Cable Firms Raise Set-Top Box Rates

William Warren (w_warren_nonoise@comcast.net)
Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:28:13 -0400

Deborah Yao wrote:
> By DEBORAH YAO, AP Business Writer

> Cable companies are planning to charge more for set-top boxes to help
> pay for new, more expensive versions mandated by the Federal
> Communications Commission.

> They say the price increases are a result of the government's push to
> spur competition for the boxes, which are required to receive digital
> programming and change channels. It's not yet clear how much the
> charges will rise.
[snip]

That reminds me: does having a digital cable box mean that I'll be
able to receive _all_ the digital channels on my analog TV, or are
there exceptions?

William

(Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Before long, _all_ analog TV sets will
be useless; all broadcasters have been ordered to begin broadcasting
in digital only sometime during 2009 (?). PAT]

Go to Next message: Bill W1AC: "TELECOM Re: Cable Firms Raise Set-Top Box Rates"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Cable Firms Raise Set-Top Box Rates"
May be in reply to: Deborah Yao, AP: "Cable Firms Raise Set-Top Box Rates"