TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is the iPhone an AT&T Time Bomb Against Cell Users?

Re: Is the iPhone an AT&T Time Bomb Against Cell Users?

Sam Spade (sam@coldmail.com)
Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:50:38 -0700

Steven Lichter wrote:

> Not having a contract could also backfire, I have Sprint and have had
> them for some years; no problems at all. I bought a handset on eBay
> for a lot less then even the price with a 2 year contract, and turned
> it up no problem; my contract expired and I just continued as I had
> been with the price and services I had, then I was notified that
> unless I went back to a contract I could wind up paying more for
> service, less minutes and having to pay full price data. I looked
> around, and went back to the contact with them, at less then I was
> paying and for the same features, since I was happy I had no problem,
> also I was able to get a rebate on the phone I had bought on eBay that
> amounted to twice what I had paid.

They would all have to really stick together to pull that one off en masse.

I never had the old Pacific Bell, Verizon, or Cingular try pull that
when my 2 years were up. It just became month to month.

That would make a great class action suit.

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Is the iPhone an AT&T Time Bomb Against Cell Users?"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T Pays $2.8 Billion For Dobson Communications"
May be in reply to: C. Benz: "Is the iPhone an AT&T Time Bomb Against Cell Users?"