TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: NANP Number Lengths

Re: NANP Number Lengths

John Levine (
22 Mar 2007 21:08:57 -0000

In article <> you write:

> I've been told by a UK carier that eleven digit numbers beginning 09
> are in use in Canada and diallable by the public - 1 09x xxx xxxx y.

Your carrier is quite mistaken. Canada is tightly integrated into the
NANP and has the same NXX-NXX-XXXX phone numbers as the US and the
small NANP countries.

> As far as I'm aware, although the 09 number space /is/ used, it is
> only for internal network routing purposes and even then will still
> only contain ten digits.

You can see the actual area codes and dialing plan in use at

If they use 09X numbers, it's buried deep in the network.

Go to Next message: Chris Farrar: "Re: NANP Number Lengths"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T to Serve Up TV Channels on PCs, Mobile Phones"
May be in reply to: Marc: "NANP Number Lengths"