TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Change the Time on a Mitel SX-2000 Phone Switch

Re: How to Change the Time on a Mitel SX-2000 Phone Switch

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:49:19 PST

billy.eichler@gmail.com 8 Mar 2007 14:54:13 -0800 wrote:

> Hey, with this daylight savings time coming up early, I'm left to
> change the time myself. I can't figure how to do this, does anyone
> know?

Please note that it is daylight *saving* time and not daylight savings
time.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In any event, please do not forget that
Saturday night/Sunday morning is the start of Daylight Saving Time and
you need to set your clocks forward one hour if you live in the United
States. Since the USA chose arbitrarily to set clocks up early this
year (instead of waiting until April as in the past) I am not certain
if other countries are going to follow the same schedule or not, nor
for that matter, if all computers will 'know' to move their time up or
not. For those of us with direct internet connections, i.e. DSL or
cable, and particularly with a connection and software via internet to
the master clock, I suppose our computers will do okay. In the past,
every year in April I woke up on Sunday morning to see the computer
set to the correct 'new' time automatically. Those of you who rely on
setting the computer clock manually (lacking Windows or Unix or
whoever to do it) I cannot tell you what to expect. Maybe someone can
tell Billy Eichler what to do, assuming his Mitel SX-2000 does not
automatically handle it for him. Anyway, let's all do it now, before
we go to slep for the night. PAT]

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Name of Calling Feature"
Go to Previous message: Jim Stewart: "Re: 511 Traffic Phone Lines May Raise Crash Risk"
May be in reply to: billy.eichler@gmail.com: "How to Change the Time on a Mitel SX-2000 Phone Switch"