TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?

Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:45:26 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom26.6.6@telecom-digest.org>, Rick Merrill wrote:

> Plus kids can call for rides more efficiently!

> On the down side phones can be a big time waster and a distraction.

> Some localities are considering a bank of tiny lockers outside the
> school where each kid puts his cell phone before entering the school
> (and going through the security check).

We just got a phone for our teenage girl. It's great because it offers
safety and convenience.

But she'd better not ever have it turned on during school.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From Our Archives: The Great AT&T Outage, January, 1990"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Skype as a Replacement For My Phone"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?"