TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Skype as a Replacement For My Phone

Re: Skype as a Replacement For My Phone

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:27:27 PST

dterrors@hotmail.com on 5 Jan 2007 11:59:06 -0800 wrote:

> Can I drop my phone service and use Skype instead? The Skype site
> says "Skype is not a replacement for your ordinary telephone" But
> why not?
> Has anyone done that?

The reason they say that it is not is among things that it's not as
robust as regular telephone service. If you lose your internet
connection for any number of reasons you no longer have VOiP service
either. It also cannot connect to your local 911 emergency reporting
service as well.

Go to Next message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Should Kids Have Cell Phones in School?"
Go to Previous message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: The Best Phone Company in America"
May be in reply to: dterrors@hotmail.com: "Skype as a Replacement For My Phone"