TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Web Radio Stations Set for "Day of Silence" Protest June 26

Re: Web Radio Stations Set for "Day of Silence" Protest June 26

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:37:20 UTC

In <telecom26.183.4@telecom-digest.org> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com writes:

> I presume the determination of royalties is a private issue set by
> contract between artist and user. I would be very surprised if the
> copyright law or some US Government agency determines the amount of
> the royalty.

> Is that a US Government agency? Sounds more like a private sector
> cooperative arrangement.

Given that the name of the group setting the fees is the "Library of
Congress", is primarily funded by the US Taxpayer (with various usage
fees added to the mix), is located in US government buildings, and has a
*.gov internet address, I'd suggest we have what's called a Clue.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Koos van den Hout: "Re: Web Radio Stations Set for "Day of Silence" Protest June 26"
Go to Previous message: cerberus.perillo@gmail.com: "Re: Telephone Multiplexer Failures, Power Outages, Firewall Risks"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "Web Radio Stations Set for "Day of Silence" Protest June 26"