TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: "Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users

"Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:40:56 -0500

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/06/vibranxiety_aff.html

"Ever think your cell phone was vibrating and reach into your pocket
to answer it only to find it wasn't vibrating at all? You're not alone
according to a report in USA Today. The story examines the phenomenon
of phantom cell phone vibration and posits explanations ranging from
behavioral (your phone has trained you to be on alert for vibrations)
to neurological (your brain becomes wired to sensations you experience
regularly). Whatever the answer may be, it's better than "You're
nuts.""

[JCM - I used to work around high voltage. I had both hands inside a
high-power power-supply when my pager went off. It was set to
vibrate. I literally threw my tools across the lab thinking I had
been shocked. The rest of my days in that lab, I had my pager set to
audible.]

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: Forrest Nelson: "IP PBX Reviews and Ratings"
Go to Previous message: Paul: "Re: Phone Multiplexer Failures, Power Outages, VOIP Firewall Problems"
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: "Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users"
May be reply: T: "Re: "Vibranxiety" Afflicts Many Cellphone Users"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page