TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Single-Slot Payphones

Re: Single-Slot Payphones

Duncan Smith (duncan.b.smith@gmail.com)
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:47:14 -0700

Joseph Singer wrote:

> The new "smart" phones such as the Millennium marketed by Nortel are
> also chip controlled rather than CO controlled. The Millenniums
> also can take payment in multiple ways with coin, credit card or
> with a smart card with a chip in it.

I've noticed that the Nortel Millennium phones take a loooong time to
make toll calls. I assume this is because they have to dial out to
interrogate a database for the charges. Does anyone know much more
about this? (I live in Seattle, Questland, NPA 206.)

Duncan Smith --------\ http://students.washington.edu/f/ /---
() ascii ribbon \--- Signed/encrypted mail preferred ---/
/\ campaign [ against html mail ] [ support open formats ]

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Internet Defamation Suit Tests Online Anonymity"
Go to Previous message: David B. Horvath, CCP: "Re: A Quaint Relic From Our Archives on Computer"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page