TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone

Re: AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Tue, 22 May 2007 18:50:22 -0400

In article <telecom26.142.11@telecom-digest.org>, john@mayson.us says:

> On Mon, 21 May 2007, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>> "Customer Service" is often used as a way to sell callers even more
>> features, not necessarily _serve_ the customers. Free advice is not
>> profitable. Everything focuses on profit, Sell! Sell! Sell!.
>> Providing high quality service -- going that extra mile to minimize
>> cutoffs or noisy connections -- is a low priority.

>> (anyone with a different opinion on wireless businesses)?

>> public replies, please.

> Over the years I have been with AT&T Wireless, BellSouth Mobility,
> Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and Sprint PCS. The only one that I think
> came even remotely close to what I could call "customer service" was
> BellSouth Mobility, but this was in the mid-1990's.

> My experience with Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile were this: We had
> all kinds of issues with the service. Missed calls. Dropped calls.
> I'd get a voice mail days after it was left. Their "solution" was for
> me to buy a new phone, at full price. When the contract was about to
> expire they told us we had been eligible for everything from firmware
> updates to free phone upgrades and if we'd just sign up for another
> two years...

> My employer has provided me a cell phone once again, through Sprint. I'm
> having the same problem I had with the other two where I'll get a
> notification for a voice mail and discover it was left days ago. In the
> business world this is totally unacceptable. Sprint's solution is for me
> to get a new phone, but my employer isn't all that enthusiastic about that
> solution. In my mind the voice mail delays are the system's fault and not
> my phone's. I can call to check my messages on Tuesday and have zero
> voice mails, then on Thursday receive an alert about voice mail, and learn
> it was left on Monday. How is that my phone's fault?

> John Mayson <john@mayson.us>

> Austin, Texas, USA

Actually I have a work issued Verizon cell phone and I'm one of those
with management ability for all the cell phones we have from Verizon.

They're very responsive when I call. But then they must be billing us at
least $9,000 a year.

Go to Next message: John Mayson: "Re: AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Clean Technology Bigger than Internet Claims Bill Joy"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "AT&T Steps up Cingular Rebranding Ahead of iPhone"