TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Clean Technology Bigger than Internet Claims Bill Joy

Re: Clean Technology Bigger than Internet Claims Bill Joy

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Tue, 22 May 2007 13:43:49 -0700

In article <telecom26.142.7@telecom-digest.org>, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
wrote:

> On May 17, 8:20 pm, Wesr...@aol.com wrote:

>> There is no place in the world where public passenger transportation
>> does not require a subsidy; in most cases, outright operation by a
>> governmental entity.

> Highways (and airways) require a general subsidy too, but it is
> unknown because it is indirect and buried in other accounts:

> (etc.)

Thanks! for making this response. I didn't attempt to respond in a
similar vein, because my experience is that once you read something like
the initial paragraph above, you can usually be pretty sure that you're
in the domain of ideology, not rational debate or problem solving.

I'll say again: no substitute for having had the opportunity to live for
a while in some "place in the world" that has a good public
transportation.

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Clean Technology Bigger than Internet Claims Bill Joy"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Google Pitches Idea on Radio-Spectrum Auction to FCC"
May be in reply to: Gerard Wynn, Reuters: "Clean Technology Bigger than Internet Claims Bill Joy"