TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cincinnati Bell and SNET (was Cingular & at&t)

Re: Cincinnati Bell and SNET (was Cingular & at&t)

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
18 May 2007 14:04:17 -0700

On May 17, 9:11 am, Wesr...@aol.com wrote:

> I can assure you that Cincinnati Bell and SNET were well aware that
> they were "associated" companies, not subsidiaries. ...

Given that, did they buy exclusively from Western Electric or shop
around at Automatic Electric, Kellogg, Leich, Stromberg, and overseas
suppliers as well? In their situation, they had a bargaining advtg
with WE that the others didn't: "well, AE wants only $xx for a
Strowger unit but you want more. Will you match AE's price?"

(Of course, from 1940 onward I think W/E had more business than it
could handle from the war and postwar growth.)

Go to Next message: Howard Eisenhauer: "Re: Make a Passive Cell Phone Repeater?"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Train Passengers Asked to Get out and Push Stalled Train"
May be in reply to: Mike Z: "Cincinnati Bell and SNET (was Cingular & at&t)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page