TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: To End a Romance, Just Press 'Send'

Re: To End a Romance, Just Press 'Send'

Sam Spade (sam@coldmail.com)
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:41:35 -0700

Monty Solomon wrote:

> Cold, maybe. Popular, for sure. The use of e-mail and
> instant-messaging to end intimate relationships is gaining popularity
> because instantaneous communication makes it easy -- some say too easy
> -- to just call the whole thing off. Want to avoid one of those
> squirmy, awkward breakup scenes? Want to control the dialogue while
> removing facial expressions, vocal inflections, and body language from
> the equation? A solution is as near as your keyboard or cellphone.

The Air Force guy is apparently not the swiftest guy in town. He
should have dumped her after her second send.

I think this all is far more telling about personality defects than it
is about modern communications gadgetry.

Go to Next message: Carl Moore: "Cell Phone Calls to 911"
Go to Previous message: Bruce L. Bergman: "Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "To End a Romance, Just Press 'Send'"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page