TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
12 Apr 2007 09:55:44 -0400

Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org> wrote:

> George Berger <gberger@his.com> writes:

>> A year ago, I called and asked for upgrade of our dial-up connection to
>> broadband cable.

>> I had already wired our home with a two-way splitter from the Comcast
>> cable entry to our home (which, by the way, provided -- and still
>> provides -- excellent TV reception). I used top-line Belden RG 59 cable
>> for the 20' run to our top floor den where we have our computer.

> FYI: RG-59 has an upper bandwidth pass of around 800-900MHz. Cable
> companies have long been using RG-6 for their installations which has
> an upper bandwidth pass up around 1.8Ghz.

Note that there is a lot of "RG-59" cable out there that isn't really
RG-59 ... it's the same diameter and uses the same fittings, but it's
much better than the specs in the Radio Guide require for the type.

I'm not sure what "top line Belden RG 59 cable" is, but if you give me
the Belden part number on the side of the cable, I'll tell you.

--scott

Go to Next message: George Berger: "Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"
May be in reply to: Chloe Albanesius: "Comcast Bait and Switch, "Unlimited" Has a New Meaning"