TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Phone System Recommendation

Re: Phone System Recommendation

Joss (yossibh@gmail.com)
1 Apr 2007 23:04:25 -0700

On Mar 31, 3:49 am, T <nospam.k...@cox.nospam.net> wrote:

> In article <telecom26.8...@telecom-digest.org>, david.ea...@gmail.com
> says:

>> We are in the market for a new phone system. The company has
>> approximately 35 employees with 3 - 5 remote workers we want to tie in
>> with VOIP connections. We currently have an AT&T Partner system that
>> has served us very well. Our needs are fairly simple and the system
>> should be easy to maintain with a broad support base. We are
>> considering Avaya, Intertel, Cisco and 3Com. I would appreciate any
>> good recommendations.

> Asterisk. You can use any open source VoIP phone, the sofware is open
> source, runs on Linux. It's a bit of a pain to set up but the cost
> savings are very high.

I second that, you can check http://www.asterisknow.org/ for an easy
installation package.

I have used asterisk software for IVR systems that handles thousands
of calls a day -- so 35 users is a breeze.

Joss.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T in Talks for Telecom Italia Stake"
May be in reply to: Wackamo: "Phone System Recommendation"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page